Friday, December 6, 2013

The Hole in the Heart Club



There are too many of us. We extend all around the globe. Each of us has lost a child. Whether it be from a car accident or cancer, a gun shot or by suicide, these children are gone from us, having taken a part of our hearts. A hole is left. We miss them like crazy.

Some days we think we are going crazy. Crazy from missing them, from wishing, from wondering. Crazy from wanting to hear their laughter, their voices. A little mad from the yearning, from the questioning---why?

We are the Hole in the Heart Club. We didn't ask to become members. We loved our children.

We still love them.

But for whatever reason, that wasn't enough. Our love couldn't save them.


So we remember. Laughter, gestures, funny sayings, food stories, vacation tales.

Sunday is National Children's Memorial Day. On this day every year we light our candles in a worldwide celebration of those young lives who once graced our days with love and laughter. We join as one voice to let the world know that a child gone much too soon is always remembered.

Always.

"Who will remember those who no longer sing on earth?
We, who hear their songs from Heaven."


I will be lighting my candle in memory of the love and life of my four-year-old son, Daniel.

I love you, Wild Boy.


















* Songs From Heaven * red oak plaques can be ordered from Carved By Heart.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, so important to remember. Sending prayers and blessings. xx

Alice. J. Wisler said...

Thanks, Michelle!

rbooth43 said...

For You Alice, thinking of you!
WHEN TOMORROW STARTS WITHOUT ME

When tomorrow starts without me
And I'm not here to see if the sun should rise
And find your eyes all filled with tears for me
I wish so much you wouldn't cry
The way you did today
While thinking of the many things
We didn't get to say
I know how much you love me as much as I love you
And each time that you think of me
I know you'll miss me too
But when tomorrow starts without me
Please try to understand
That an angel came and called my name
And took me by the hand and said my place was ready
In heaven far above
And that I'd have to leave behind all those I dearly love
But as I turned to walk away a tear fell from my eye
For all my life I always thought I didn't want to die
I had so much to live for and so much yet to do
It seemed almost impossible that I was leaving you
I thought of all the yesterdays to good ones and the bad
I thought of all the love we shared and all the fun we had
If I could re-live yesterday I thought for just awhile
I'd say good-bye and kiss you and maybe see you smile
But then I fully realized that this could never be
For emptiness and memories would take the place of me
So when tomorrow starts without me
Don't think we're far apart
For every time you think of me
I'm right here in your heart.
God Bless you!
Rebecca

Alice. J. Wisler said...

Thanks, Rebecca.